Welcome to Jercol's Back to the Basics. This is where I will post useful information, tips, and gear reviews about what I learn about Outdoor Survival, Activities, and Disaster Preparation. My only goal is to be informative, realistic, and at least a little entertaining.


Thursday, February 7, 2013

Urban Camouflage

In a lot of survival circles they advocate military surplus gear, chest rigs, Alice packs, BDUs, etc.  A lot of that gear is good quality, efficient, and fairly inexpensive.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with military surplus but it isn't always the best option.

I mentioned in the previous post on survival shorts that sometimes there is a benefit to blending in with the crowd.  Unless you're facing an invading army, and probably even then, camouflage probably isn't the best option for get-out-of-town clothing.

"Urban Camo"

Yes, there is such a thing as "Urban Camo".  It's a digital camo in all shades of black and grey, it's supposed to break up your outline in an urban environment.  I'm not sure how effective it is in military or law enforcement applications, but for the average person I think there's better options.


Or


Or even better...


You could walk around and ask everyone for empty cans, bottles, change, and you'd still be invisible.




No comments:

Post a Comment